Rich and Poor at the Same Time
5 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.
- Who is rich?
- What defines riches?
- It’s clearly not just those who have money, property, and prosperity. (James 2:23; Genesis 13:2, 5-6)
- Wrong attitudes toward money and possessions. (Mark 10:23-25; 1 Timothy 6:6-10)
- How do I acquire money and possessions?
- Do I trust money and possessions for security?
- How do I use my money and possessions?
- The Pearl of Great Price. (Matthew 13:45-46)
- Which richness to you identify with? Would you sell your soul for a bowl of stew?
- Those rich in worldly riches will be miserable. James 5:1
- The vanity of riches. (James 5:2-3)
- The sins of the rich in society. (James 5:3-6)
- Where your treasure is… (Matthew 6:19-21)
- Your heart will be also.
- Store up your treasure in Heaven.