Practices of A Powerful Church
1 Thessalonians 5:12-28 (NASB)
- The people submit to authority. (vv. 12-13)
- The Bible is constantly commanding this truth.
- Our society teaches us we don’t have to submit to authority.
- The people live godly lives. (vv. 23-24)
- The possibility of godliness. (5:23)
- The power for godliness. (5:24)
- The people pray for their spiritual leaders. (vs. 25)
- Notice the statement of Paul’s request. (5:25)
- Notice the substance of Paul’s request.
- The people are friendly toward, and love one another. (vs. 26)
- Paul gives an imperative of “friendliness”.
- Paul also gives us an inclusiveness of friendliness.
- He also denotes the impact of this friendliness.
- The people study their Bibles and believe the truth. (vs. 27)
- Paul gives us the propriety of Bible study.
- Paul lends credence to the priority of Bible study.
- The people apply what they have been taught. (v. 28)
- Some interpret based on their beliefs and feelings.
- True Christians take the Word of God at face value.
- True Christianity is evident in real believers.