Obey The Word of Truth
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
- We must hear the Word of Truth. (vv. 18-20)
- Hearing the Word is essential. (vv. 8-21)
- But hearing it isn’t enough. (Romans 2:13)
- We must know the Word of Truth.
- Knowing God’s Word is essential. (John 6:44-45)
- But knowing it isn’t enough. (Romans 2:17-23 NLT)
- We must believe the Word of Truth.
- Believing the Word of Truth is essential. (Romans 5:1-2)
- But belief and faith alone is not enough. (James 2:24 CEV)
- We must obey the Word of Truth by doing. (vv. 22-25)
- If we don’t, we have been deceived.
- If we don’t, we have a wrong view of ourselves.
- What is the Mirror?
- The mirror we look into is the “perfect law of freedom”.
- It’s perfect because:
- It is the Law because:
- It is the Law of Liberty and Freedom because: