Introduction To The Beatitudes
Matthew 5:1-12 (NASB)
- False conceptions concerning The Sermon on the Mount.
- Liberal theologians and theology.
- Other popular “Christian” views.
- The truth of the Sermon on the Mount.
- Historical context.
- First century Judea was filled with many problems:
- The Jewish Religious Leadership responded wrongly.
- God sent a lowly carpenter from Galilee.
- Observations about The Sermon on the Mount.
- Jesus challenges people to change their lifestyle.
- Christ does not sound like Moses the lawgiver or Elijah the prophet.
- We do not study this sermon because it makes us “feel good.”
- There is a tendency to take a verse from this sermon and isolate it from the rest.
- The Sermon on the Mount shows the way of blessing for a Christian.
- Observations about The Beatitudes.
- The biggest mistake.
- Beatitudes in Scripture.