How Do You Say Who the Son of Man Is?
The Church of Ephesus
In your lifetime, what is something you received that you initially couldn’t believe was for you?
In the last 5 years, what is something you’ve worked tirelessly at, only to feel like you keep coming up short?
- The most important question in all of Scripture – Matt. 16:13-15
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”
~ A.W. Tozer, Knowledge of the Holy~
- Who is He really? (Rev. 1:1a, 5-6, 8, 12-20)
- The second most important question: “what are you going to do with Him once you know who He is?”
- The Church of Ephesus response (Rev. 2:1-3; Acts 19:8-10)
- Warning: Good is always the enemy of Best (v.4)
- What’s going on, really? – God sees right through us (1 Cor. 13:1-3, James 1:22-25, 2:14-19)
- You still haven’t answered my question (Mark 12:28-34, Eph. 2:8-10)
- There is hope (vv.5-6)
- Two tickets to paradise (v.7)
- Habits that produce eternal results (1 Cor. 13:13, Heb. 11, 1 John 3:16-18)
- One 4-letter word to remember the rest of your life. (Rev. 22:2-3)