Gospel + Integrity = Best Year Ever
Introduction: Why New Year’s Resolutions fail – 1 Sam. 17
It’s like clearing out honeysuckle!
BUILDING BLOCK 1 – Believe, honor & follow the Gospel (John 10:1-10 & John 20:31b
- The Gospel isn’t just the way we begin in Christ; it’s also the way we GROW in Christ!
- Are we trying to earn God’s love & affection, or are we living in the joy of God’s love declared to us in the Gospel?
- Christ goes ahead of His sheep, calls them by name and allows them the freedom to go about in and out of green pasture as they please (vv. 2-4, & 8)
- All sheep follow Christ – even when it’s hard – as long as they know His voice! (vv. 3-5, 7, 8)
BUILDING BLOCK 2 – INTEGRITY: What is on the inside is plainly visible on the outside (John 10:11-13)
- Which statement tends to be truer of the way you operate on a daily basis?
- “I love because He first loved me” or “I love because I’m supposed to”?
- Everyone who wants to lead in the kingdom of God must develop certain heart qualifications