Don’t Blame God
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
- Why we can’t blame God. (v. 13)
- Our unbelief tries God’s patience. (Hebrews 3:8-9)
- God’s commands try our faith. (Hebrews 11:17)
- But God cannot be tempted with evil.
- We are responsible for our sin. (vv. 14-15)
- Temptation (to sin) comes from lust and enticement.
- We are responsible because we made a decision.
- Sin brings death.
- God is the source of good, not evil.
- God is the source of ALL good.
- God never changes.