What is Conversion? “Stupid Is As Stupid Does”
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’
16 But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- God’s Law Requires Conversion. (Psalms 19:7)
- All of us are simple-minded, but God makes us wise.
- Something needs to be changed.
- How Does the Gospel Change the Soul? “Satan does not care how much you theorize about Christianity or how much you profess to know Christ. What he opposes vigorously is the way you live Christ.” -Billy Graham
- The Soul of a human is changed by faith.
- God has to change the Soul.
- We cannot be saved without faith. (Acts 15:9; Romans 10:8–10, 13–17)
- The Soul is changed by repentance. (Acts 2:36–38; 8:22; Romans 2:5)
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit shows the change in the Soul.