What About My Feelings?
3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life,appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self,which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do,whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Are my feelings evidence of being saved?
- Feelings are definitely part of salvation.
- Our feelings are not the Biblical basis of the evidence of forgiveness and pardon.
- Is the Word of God evidence of being saved?
- The testimony of the 2 witnesses.
- The testimony of the Spirit.
- The testimony of man.
- God’s Spirit testifies in the Word of God as to what mankind must do.
- Your feelings are not proof nor evidence of salvation.
- When we’re saved, our feelings cannot determine Christianity.
- Mainstream Christian culture today places too much emphasis on emotion.
- The lies of emotionalism.
- So what do we do with our emotions?
- How do we handle our feelings without falling into the trap of emotionalism?
- Ultimately, we submit our emotions to God’s Word.