Because Christ Died for me…I Want to Respect His Authority – Part 2
(Listen to Part 1 here: http://freelifecc.com/th_sermon/i-want-to-respect-his-authority/)
- The Authority of Christ was given by God the Father. (v. 18) (Exousia)
- “All authority is *given unto me* in heaven and earth.”
- Jesus had full God authority when he was on earth.
- The Authority of Christ includes Heaven and Earth. (v. 18)
- “All authority [exousia] is given unto me in *heaven and earth*”
- What does authority in the Heavens mean?
- Authority over angels. (Hebrews 1:6)
- Authority over Principalities and Powers. (Ephesians 1:20)
- Why do so many Christians live in fear of the devil?
- What does authority over the earth mean?
- Authority over the church. (Colossians 1:18)
- Authority over society.
- What does authority under the earth mean?
- The church is not defeated.
- What does that mean?
- It means that the church, while it may seem like it sometimes…is not ineffective.
- So, what should the church be doing now?
- The Church has the Authority to save and to judge.
- Believers and unbelievers will be judged by Jesus Christ.
- Believers and unbelievers will be judged separately.
- Jesus does execute judgment.
- Believers will be judged for what they did and did not do. (Matthew 25:34-36)
- Unbelievers will be judged for what they did not believe. (Matthew 25: 41-43, 46)
- We must live life knowing that Christ not only saves, He judges.
- We must Believe in Christ’s Authority.
- The key to have spiritual authority in our lives.
- Faith for victorious living.