Because Christ Died For Me…I Want to Be Forgiving
Categories: Because Christ Died For Me..., Sermon
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Because Christ Died for me…I Want to Be Forgiving
Matthew 6:14-15; Mark 11:25-26
- Humans are created with the need for forgiveness.
- Forgiveness is a characteristic of humanness.
- Charles Spurgeon’s Wisdom.
- Every believer has a forgiving heart. (Eph. 4:32)
- There are four fundamental and indisputable reasons to be forgiving.
- God commands it. (Mark 11:25)
- The example of Christ. (1 Pet. 2:21; Phil. 2:3-5; Luke 23:34)
- We have been forgiven.
- It’s required to have future forgiveness. (Matt. 6:14-15)
- What it means to forgive.
- Forgiveness is more than just speaking the words.
- Forgiveness is an attitude.
- Forgiveness involves forgetting. (Heb. 8:12)
- Forgiveness should be given by “the golden rule.” (Matt. 7:12)
- One should always be willing to forgive.
- Biblical examples of forgiveness.
- Joseph. (Genesis 50)
- David. (1 Samuel 24)
- Jesus Christ.
- In all of these examples, serious offenses were committed yet forgiveness was extended.